Preamble: Serving God as an ordained clergy person in the
World Council of Independent Christian Churches is not a right
but a privilege that requires certain responsibilities and
standards of conduct.
- Clergy will ensure that their conduct at all times reflects
the fact that they are in the service of Jesus Christ and
His people (Gal 5:22-26) (Phil 4:8) (Phil 2:3-8).
- Clergy will not link the name of the World Council of
Independent Christian Churches with any commercial enterprise,
political parties, or other activities that may cause the
WCICC to be held in disrepute.
- Clergy will not use their position for personal gain or
to exploit those they serve. (1 Pet 5:2-4)
- Clergy will avoid acts of a sinful nature (Gal 5:19-21).
- Clergy will respectfully submit to the authority of the
Board of Elders of the WCICC.
- Clergy will seek to grow through regular prayer and study
(2 Tim 2:15) (Acts 6:4).
- Clergy will at all times seek the greatest good of those
they serve. This includes referring people to appropriate
professionals when the scope of a
problem is beyond the professional competency of the clergy
- Clergy are to maintain the confidentiality of those they
counsel and serve in accordance with scriptural principles
and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the clergy person
- Clergy are expected to faithfully honor their obligation
to prayerfully and financially support the WCICC. (Matt