|First and foremost the World Council
of Independent Christian Churches does not believe the entire
council of God can be reduced to a “few' key points of doctrine.
When looking to the belief of WCICC consider our doctrinal statement
to begin in Genesis and end in Revelation. For the purpose
of summary we have attached the following list of key points
of doctrinal stance.
- We believe in the divine inspiration and authority of
the Scriptures. (2 Timothy 3:16) We believe in the inerrancy
of Scripture in the Original Autograph. (Job 32:8).
- We believe in one God (Deuteronomy 6:4, Jn 10:30) revealed
as eternally existing as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God created a host of angels, some of
whom followed the lead of Lucifer, now called Satan, in
rebelling against God, thereby bringing sin into the world.
We believe in Satan's ultimate complete defeat by the Lord
Jesus Christ / Yeshua. (Genesis 3:15, Revelation 20:2).
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, that
man sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death
but also that spiritual death; which is separation from
God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature
and, become sinners in thought, word and deed. With such
a nature, they are incapable of producing anything acceptable
to God. (Gen 3:8-24, Rom 3:10-12).
- We believe that Jesus Christ/Yeshua was begotten of the
Holy Spirit, and born of a virgin, Mary, and is true
God and true man. We believe that He died for the sins of
men as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice. We
believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of Jesus
Christ/Yeshua, in His ascension into heaven. (Mat
- We believe that men are justified by grace through faith,
on the ground of the shed blood of Jesus Christ/Yeshua,
and that all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ/Yeshua as
Savior are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become
the children of God ( EPH 2:8-10, JN 3:3-8).
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and
the unjust, the everlasting conscious blessedness of the
saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost
( MAT 25:31-46).
- We believe that it is the supreme responsibility of believers
to testify to the saving power of the gospel
( ACT 1:8).
- We believe that it is the duty of each believer to live
a holy life unto God, keeping himself unspotted from the
world, and that it is God's intention that this shall be
accomplished in the believer's life by his constant dependence
on the divine enablement of the indwelling Holy Spirit.
Scriptures both Old and New Testament, not by man, describe
Holiness ( PSA 1:1-2; 119:1-8, JN 2:15-17).
- We believe that God in the Scriptures has progressively
revealed Himself through the Scriptures and directly through
the Prophets ( EPH 2:19-22).
- We believe that the Church had its historical beginning
at Pentecost; is composed solely of believers ( ACT 2:1-41).
- We believe that at any moment the Rapture of the saved
may occur, when "the Lord himself shall descend from
heaven" to catch up His people to meet Him "in
the air" ( I Th 4:13-18).
- We believe in the personal, bodily return of our Lord
Jesus Christ. He will then set up His kingdom upon the earth
for His thousand-year reign, after which He will deliver
the kingdom to the Father ( MAT 24:29-31).
- We believe that all believers should live a life of obedience
to the scriptures both Old and New Testament ( DEU 4:39-40,
JN15:10, I JN 3:24) .
Code of Ethics for Clergy
Preamble: Serving God as an ordained clergy person in the
World Council of Independent Christian Churches is not a right
but a privilege that requires certain responsibilities and
standards of conduct.
- Clergy will ensure that their conduct at all times reflects
the fact that they are in the service of Jesus Christ and
His people (Gal 5:22-26) (Phil 4:8) (Phil 2:3-8).
- Clergy will not link the name of the World Council of
Independent Christian Churches with any commercial enterprise,
political parties, or other activities that may cause the
WCICC to be held in disrepute.
- Clergy will not use their position for personal gain or
to exploit those they serve. (1 Pet 5:2-4)
- Clergy will avoid acts of a sinful nature (Gal 5:19-21).
- Clergy will respectfully submit to the authority of the
Board of Elders of the WCICC.
- Clergy will seek to grow through regular prayer and study
(2 Tim 2:15) (Acts 6:4).
- Clergy will at all times seek the greatest good of those
they serve. This includes referring people to appropriate
professionals when the scope of a
problem is beyond the professional competency of the clergy
- Clergy are to maintain the confidentiality of those they
counsel and serve in accordance with scriptural principles
and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the clergy person
- Clergy are expected to faithfully honor their obligation
to prayerfully and financially support the WCICC. (Matt
- The WCICC does not support homosexual marriage. Clergy agrees not to perform any homosexual blessings,unions or marriages (Romans 1:27)